When you make the initial call to The Canyon’s confidential helpline, an admissions specialist will collect detailed clinical information to help determine the level of care you or your loved one will need.
The Goal of The Phone Assessment:
- Determine the appropriate services and level of care required based on the your specific needs.
- It makes the actual intake process less intrusive and less time consuming for you or your loved one since we will already have the answers to many of the important questions
- We will have a better understanding as to the level of care your insurance carrier will allow based on the clinical issues that you or your loved one are struggling with at the time of admission.
- By gathering information about your needs prior to their actual arrival at The Canyon, this will give our clinical staff a clearer idea of where to begin treatment right from the start.
What to Expect When you Call
Primary Admission Guidelines
- 18 years of age and older
- Willing to commit to and participate in a structured life healing program
- Must be ambulatory and capable of basic self-care
It is the policy of The Canyon to accept all individuals who meet the established criteria regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or physical limitations.
The Canyon provides a simple, brief admission process to determine the length and type of treatment appropriate for each person’s needs. We consider each individual’s current situation and their history, including: types of illnesses, overall condition, life skills needed, and personal goals, to ensure an optimal recovery.
We can assist you with:
- Travel Arrangements
- Sober Escort
- Tour the Facility
- Local Accommodations
Every individual seeking Treatment for Mental Health Issues and Drug and Alcohol Abuse at the Canyon goes through our admission assessment. As part of the assessment at the Canyon you will be seen by our medical staff for a full and comprehensive history of your alcohol abuse and drug abuse and the length of time and quantity of your usage, as well as a physical examination. If you are dealing with addiction treatment and other disorders such as depression and or anxiety we will have you sign a release of information for us to receive records from your treating physician.
Admissions are accepted 24 hours per day and 7 days per week.
Exclusion criteria for admission
1. The individual exhibits suicidal or homicidal ideation with a plan and intent to carry out the plan, indicating a need for acute hospitalization
2. Disruptive psychosis to the extent that the individual is unable to care for himself or is a threat to others
3. When the patient is in need of urgent medical care due to detoxification or other medical issues
4. Medical equipment needed to support the individual may be beyond the scope of a sub-acute facility
5. The individual cannot safely navigate the environment of care for his own personal needs
6. The individual does not voluntarily consent to admission or treatment