About The Canyon at Santa Monica
Located three and a half miles from the beach in the heart of West Los Angeles, The Canyon at Santa Monica provides an exquisite healing oasis for individuals seeking recovery in an outpatient setting. We engage the whole person in the healing process and extend an invitation for each patient’s loved ones to be involved in treatment to build a solid foundation for lasting recovery.
12304 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 112
Los Angeles, CA 90025
An expert team of caring professionals provides support, structure and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every patient receives an individually tailored program to meet his or her unique needs through group and individual therapy, life skills classes and an integration of 12-Step principles. In addition, our holistic services staff works to improve each patient’s physical, mental and spiritual well-being. This multidisciplinary team meets weekly to monitor the individual’s progress and determine the next therapeutic phase. Specific, measurable goals and objectives must be achieved by each patient prior to discharge.
In The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient program, you can enjoy freedom from day-to-day demands and stresses with the additional support and expert guidance from our professional staff. Our patients seek us at various points along their journey to recovery:
- Entry-level:Many patients seek treatment in an effort to pre-empt the destructive spiral of addiction. Admission to The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient program provides entry-level treatment without disrupting one’s daily life.
- After residential treatment: Recently discharged from a residential treatment facility, these individuals wish to continue their recovery program with less structured therapy in a “real-life” setting.
- In collaboration with other providers:Some patients have been supported by individual therapists, family therapists, life coaches, interventionists, Employee Assistance Program providers, or legal support prior to their admission. The Canyon at Santa Monica’s team will work with the individual to maintain these supportive relationships for successful, lasting recovery.
The Canyon at Santa Monica is part of Foundations Recovery Network and provides the award-winning model of treatment which has been extensively tested and proven through multiple federally-funded research studies. We combine evidence-based addiction treatment with innovative therapies for emotional and mental health to address co-occurring disorders effectively. Results demonstrate recovery rates that are double the national average for maintaining sobriety one year post-treatment, as compared to traditional programs.
Meet the Outpatient Staff
The Canyon at Santa Monica offers a wide variety of expertise in the areas of integrated treatment for addiction and mental health issues.
Our recovery-oriented approach to treatment has been developed to assist the whole person in the healing process—mind, body and spirit—rather than simply treating symptoms. We engage patients in their recovery journey by helping them uncover and understand underlying factors contributing to and enabling their addiction and behaviors. Our approach begins at first point of contact. A very straightforward and welcoming assessment and intake process allows you an easy entry into treatment. Guided by both a clinician and a care coordinator, you are welcomed as a partner in your own treatment and recovery. We also encourage loved ones to be involved in treatment in order to build a solid foundation for a lasting recovery.
We invite you to speak with an admissions counselor for verification of insurance coverage and to learn more about how we can help you or your loved one experience true and lasting recovery.
- Customized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Comprehensive addiction assessment and psychiatric evaluation
- Consulting psychiatry services
- Medication management supervised by consulting physicians
- Full panel drug screening upon admission and periodic random drug tests
- Individual and group therapy conducted by master’s and doctoral level consulting staff
- Specialty groups including women’s issues, men’s issues, parenting, life skills training, couples counseling and family counseling
- Motivational Interviewing using stages-of-change approach
- Holistic options, such as expressive arts, yoga, acupuncture and massage therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills
- Educational and process groups including relapse prevention, recovery and the 12 Steps, music therapy, art therapy, DBT and mindfulness, sobriety management, mood and anger management, life skills and more
- Weekly aftercare group and active alumni organization for continued support
- Family therapy, including our multi-family intensive weekend group
- Vocational counseling, educational assistance and a professionals group
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Features and Amenities
- Centrally located in the heart of West Los Angeles with easy access from the 10 and 405 freeways
- Partnerships with local sober living homes
- We accept out-of-network insurance upon certification of benefits and continued Utilization Review
It is possible to recover from co-occurring addiction and mental health issues, and The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient services can help you or your loved one mend broken relationships, sustain sobriety, and build a new, productive and meaningful life.
All treatment is not created equal. Our integrated program has been specifically designed to meet the multifaceted recovery needs of individuals with co-occurring issues. While the goal is always the same—wellness—we use a variety of methods to help you achieve this end result. Services range from individual psychoeducational groups and process therapy groups to a wide range of holistic offerings that support overall health and healing. Additional offerings like our vocational counseling, educational assistance, multi-family intensive weekend group and professionals’ group make The Canyon at Santa Monica unique.
We provide the foundation, you build the life.
The Canyon at Santa Monica Brochure
VIEW THE CANYON AT SANTA MONICA'S BROCHURE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US.Download Brochure