About The Canyon at Peace Park
The Canyon at Peace Park is recognized for its amazing natural beauty and as a center for healing and spiritual gatherings. Having hosted such notable luminaries as His Holiness The Dali Lama as well as many recognized spiritual leaders and teachers, Peace Park is now home to The Canyon’s Healing Life Experience. The Canyon consists of two living residences, one for women and the other for men. The campus spans several acres with areas where clients can enjoy a peaceful natural setting while still receiving the highest clinical standard of alcohol and drug rehab available.
2900 Kanan Dume Road
Malibu, CA 90265
The Canyon at Peace Park is located in a beautiful natural wooded canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains in Malibu, California. We are located four miles from the Pacific Ocean and enjoy a climate that is cooled by the ocean air in the summer yet above the the marine layer that can cause overcast days on beach.
Meet the CEO of the Canyon
Kathleen Bigsby and her team are dedicated to a system of care that treats the mind, body and spirit.
Spacious and elegant accommodations within a secluded natural setting create a nurturing environment for the healing process. The Canyon at Peace Park, with 120 acres of oak trees and mountaintops is recognized for its amazing natural beauty and as a center for healing and spiritual gatherings. Enjoy hikes on a number of trails with breathtaking views, spend quiet time in the meditation temple, journal in one of many gardens, enjoy a swim in a pool just steps from your room, or watch a canyon sunset; at the Canyon we encourage you to give yourself this time to be nurtured and begin healing.
- Integrated treatment for addiction and co-occurring depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, secondary eating issues, psychological trauma and personality disorders
- Intervention services, sober escort and travel support
- Clinically supervised detox
- Active alumni program and nationwide Heroes in Recovery community
- Comprehensive addiction assessment and psychiatric evaluation
- Customized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Medication management directed by collaborating medical experts
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy using a stages-of-change approach
- Diverse educational groups, including trauma resolution, healthy boundaries, codependency, managing mood, grief/loss and anger management
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Relapse prevention and continuing care planning for long-term success
- Family therapy, including monthly family weekend events and educational healing programs
Features and Amenities
- Exquisite natural beauty in a secluded 120-acre private reserve
- The Path to Recovery Nature Trail that connects 12-Step recovery and aspects of alternative recovery approaches to the physical environment
- Spacious, elegant accommodations with separate men’s and women’s living areas
- Organic, healthy meals prepared by an executive chef
- On-site fitness facility with weight room, soothing saltwater pool and spa
- Yoga classes and massage therapy, along with daily meditation & reflection time
- Hiking trips in Zuma Canyon and walks on Malibu beach
- Adventure therapy, ropes course and equine therapy
- Therapeutic sweat lodge and meditation dome
The canyon facility brochure
Download The Canyon's brochure to learn more about the facility and treatment programs.Download Brochure
Video about The Canyon at Peace Park
The Canyon is located 34 miles from Los Angeles International Airport and 37 miles from the Bob Hope Burbank Airport.
The city of Malibu is a 27-mile (43.5 km) strip of Pacific coastline; a beachfront community famous for its warm, sandy beaches, and for being the home of countless movie stars and others associated with the Southern California entertainment industries. Most Malibu residents live within a few hundred yards of Pacific Coast Highway (California State Route 1), which traverses the city; the city is also bounded (more or less) by Topanga Canyon to the east, the Santa Monica Mountains to the north, the Pacific Ocean to the south, and Ventura County to the west. Its beaches include Surfrider Beach, Zuma Beach, Malibu State Beach and Topanga State Beach; its neighboring parks include Malibu Creek State Park and the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.
Malibu is set in a Mediterranean climate, which is typical for beachfront communities of Southern California. The average summer daytime high is 78 F (25.6 C), whereas the winter nighttime low averages 49 F (9.4 C). Malibu receives an average of 15 inches (380 mm) of rain yearly, and is often covered with a marine layer due to its proximity to the coast. On average, one out of every three days in Malibu will have some sort of cloud cover until noon. Winters are generally mild and wet, whereas summers are warm and extremely dry, which makes the area prone to wildfires.
To learn more about The Canyon and inpatient treatment, please call us 877.714.1318 or click the button below: