Depending on where you are in the United States, the type of heroin available on the streets will vary. Different countries produce different forms of the drug. A sticky black tar version is usually found on the West Coast.
A white, more powder-like version is more available on the East Coast. The different forms of the drug spawned different nicknames and street names for heroin. Below, you will find a collection of some of those terms.
Nicknames and Street Names for Heroin
There are a number of slang terms that people use to talk about heroin. They vary according to location and trends, popular songs of the moment, and insider code words. There are, however, a number of terms that are relatively well known and refer to heroin across different age groups and population groups:
- Big H
- China White
- White Nurse
- White Lady
- White Horse
- Black Tar
- Black Pearl
- Black Stuff
- Black Eagle
- Brown Crystal
- Brown Sugar
- Brown Tape
- Brown Rhine
- White Girl
- White Stuff
- Mexican Brown
- Mexican Mud
- Mexican Horse
- White Boy
- Number 3
- Number 4
- Number 8
Spanish words for the drug include Bombita, Brea, Blanco, Bonita, Caballo, Calbo, Carga, Carne, Chapopote, Chatarra, Chicle, Cocofan, Gato, Heroina, La Buena, La Chiva, Polvo, Tecata, Tigre, Tigre Blanco, Tigre del Norte, Vidrio and Zoquete among others.
Nicknames and Street Names for Heroin Drug Combinations
Combining heroin with different drugs is a common practice. There are even special words to describe those combinations. Some of these are listed below.
- Atom bomb, Canade, Woola, Woolie, Woo-Woo – Marijuana and heroin
- Bars – Alprazolam and heroin
- Beast, LBJ – LSD and heroin
- Belushi, Boy-Girl, Dynamite, Goofball, H & C, He-She,Primo, Snowball – Cocaine and heroin
- Chasing the Dragon, Chocolate Rock, Dragon Rock, Eightball, Moonrock – Crack and heroin
- Cheese – Cold medicine and heroin
- China White – Fentanyl and heroin
- Chocolate Chip Cookies, H bomb – MDMA and heroin
- Cotton Brothers, New Jack Swing – Morphine and heroin
- Meth Speed Ball – Methamphetamine and heroin
- The Five Way – Heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, Rohypnol and alcohol
Topics of Interest:
Slang Terms Associated with Heroin Use and Abuse
The practice of preparing heroin for injection or other use is a huge part of the addict’s life. Almost ritual like, the preparation of the drug is highly ritualistic and, as such, the different aspects of heroin use has spawned a whole language to define it.
- Bad Bundle, Crap, Crop, Flea Powder, Garbage, Ragweed – low quality heroin
- Bag, Balloon, Bindle – what heroin comes in or a small quantity of heroin
- Nickel Bag – $5 worth of heroin
- Dime Bag – $10 worth of heroin
- Twenty – $20 worth of heroin
- Chipper – Someone who uses heroin occasionally
- Cook – to mix heroin with water and dissolve it, preparing it for injection
- Give Wings – to inject someone with heroin or teach them how to inject themselves
- Nod – the effect that heroin has on someone, characterized by “nodding out” with eyes closed and their head on their chest.
- Rig, Point, Works – the needle and syringe used to shoot heroin
Heroin Addiction Treatment at The Canyon
If you or someone you love is addicted to heroin, the effects are devastating. Very few have found a way to function on heroin. Most lose their jobs, their motivation, their dreams, their relationships, their boundaries, their homes. It can take as little as one shot to become physically addicted to the drug.
The sooner the problem is addressed, the higher the chance that treatment will be successful. If you have questions about heroin addiction or how The Canyon can help you or your loved one through heroin detox and treatment. Contact us today at 877-345-3299.