5 Signs Of Hallucinogen Addiction

Hallucinogen AddictionThe drugs that are included in the term “hallucinogens” are many and each one manifests differently in the user. That is, depending on whether the user is taking acid or LSD, PCP or K, you will notice different symptoms of drug use.

Signs of LSD/Acid Use

Popularized in the ‘60s, acid is usually dropped onto paper and then ripped into small squares and allowed to dissolve on the tongue. When under the influence, the user may seem disoriented or talk about seeing and hearing things that aren’t there as hallucinations are common and their perception of reality in general is skewed. Physical signs of acid use include an elevated heart rate and high blood pressure as well as a slight shake or tremors.

Signs of PCP Use

PCP, or phencyclidine, can be smoked or snorted and is an overwhelming drug. The user will experience hallucinations and delusions that can be euphoric in nature, panicky, or violent and aggressive. While under the influence, the user won’t feel like eating or sleeping.

Signs of Ketamine Use

Called “Special K” or ketamine, K is often considered a “club drug” as it was first popularized at underground raves. Ketamine is powerful and can put the user into what is referred to as a “K hole” where they are unable to move or speak for long periods of time. They feel numb and have difficulty moving their limbs even though their heart rate increases significantly.

5 Signs of Addiction to Hallucinogens

Addictive use of hallucinogens like acid, PCP and K can result in changes that remain even after the effects of the drug wear off. If continued for long periods or in large amounts, these changes can be permanent. They include:

* Flashbacks, or experiencing hallucinations again, even years later
* Impaired motor function
* Loss of memory and neural function
* Severe depression
* Permanent changes in sensory perception

If you or someone you love is addicted to hallucinogens, help is available at a drug rehab center like The Canyon. Many people consider this class of drugs more of a “party” drug than a serious problem, but addiction to PCP, Special K and acid can have devastating consequences, just like any other drug. If you would like more information about the nature of addiction to these types of drugs or would like to learn more about drug addiction treatment, contact us at The Canyon today.

Wendy Lee Nentwig

By Wendy Lee Nentwig
Guest Contributor

, ,

Free Assessment / Confidential Call: 424-387-3118
Send us an Email