Cocaine Nicknames and Street Names
Cocaine is one of those drugs that is used alone just as often as it is used in combination with other drugs. In fact, many use cocaine as a way to stay awake so that they can stay out longer when they’re partying.
Others use it to enhance the effects of other substances. Whether it’s smoked, snorted or injected, used in combination with other substances or alone, cocaine is a drug that goes by a variety of nicknames and street names. Below is a list of a few of the many terms used across the country to refer to cocaine.
The slang terms for powdered cocaine are so numerous that it’s almost impossible to list them all here. Some of the most popular include:
- Aunt or Aunt Nora
- Batman or Bazulco, Hubba
- Bernice, Bernie, Bernie’s flakes or Bernie’s Gold Dust
- Big bloke, Big C, Big flake, Big rush
- C, C dust, C game, Candy C
- Birdie Powder, Bouncing Powder, Bolivian Marching Powder
- Blow, Stash, Girl, Snow, Star, Stardust, She….
The list goes on and on and varies across the country according to region.
Crack is the small, rock-like form of cocaine combined with another hardening substance. Usually smoked in a glass pipe just large enough to accommodate it, crack is just as addictive as the powdered form of cocaine, and it has almost as many nicknames:
- Black rock
- Purple Caps
Base, basing, based out… basically the word freebase in any form describes the action of or the person who smokes crack, i.e., base crazies who search for coke or crack on their hands and knees or base heads who freebase.
Cocaine Drug Combinations
Just as there are a variety of drugs to combine with cocaine, so too are there a number of terms to define the process for street use purposes. These include:
- Banano, Blunt, Geek Joints, Premos or Primos, Bazooka, P-Dogs, 51, Sherman Stick, Tio, Splitting, Woo Blunt, Woo-Woos, Woolies, Woolas – Marijuana joint or cigarette sprinkled with cocaine or other combination of crack cocaine and marijuana
- Shabu , Snow Seals- Cocaine and methamphetamine or amphetamine
- Beam me up, Scottie; Spaceball – Cocaine or crack and PCP
- Wicky – Cocaine, PCP and marijuana
- Belushi , Boy-Girl, H & C, He-she, Murder One, One and One, Smoking Gun, Snowball, Whiz Bang, Speedball – Cocaine and heroin
- Wildcat – Cocaine and methcathinone
- Bumping up – MDMA (Ecstasy) and cocaine
- C & M – Cocaine and morphine
- Candy Flipping – LSD, cocaine and MDMA
- Flamethrowers – Heroin, cocaine and tobacco
- The Five Way – Heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, Rohypnol, and alcohol
Most of the words listed below are Spanish in origin. Popularized in music and movies, you may hear these terms in your neighborhood whether or not Spanish is spoken any other time:
- Basuco – Spanish word for cocaine or lacing a cigarette (marijuana or tobacco) with coke residue
- Coca – Spanish
- Cabello – Spanish
- Yeyo – Spanish
- Tutti-frutti – Portuguese
- Talco – Spanish
- Polvo Blanco – Spanish
- Perico – Spanish
- Nieve – Spanish
- Mujer – Spanish
- Monos – Spanish
- Ma’a – Samoan for crack
Terms Associated with Use and Abuse
There are also a number of terms that you may hear the describe using cocaine or those who use the drug.
- Beiging – Altering cocaine chemically to make it look more pure
- Break night – staying up all night on cocaine
- Blast, blow blue, blow coke, blow smoke, booster – Inhaling cocaine
- Body packer or mule – Person who swallows balloons of cocaine and other drugs to transport them undetected over the border
- Gaffel, bunk, fleece, flex – Fake coke or crack
Get Treatment at The Canyon
If you or someone you know is suffering from cocaine addiction, The Canyon can treat that addiction. We have a full Master’s-level staff, each one specializing in drug addiction treatment and the provision of an integrated program that combines alternative and traditional therapies. Whether the addiction is to cocaine alone or in combination with other drugs, a treatment program will be created that meets your specific needs.
If you would like more information about cocaine or the treatment available, contact us today.