Cocaine use often starts out as an addition to a night out, a way to stay up and enjoy yourself a little longer. Other times it could be a way to power through work or pulling an all-nighter. Either way, regular use leads quickly to regular abuse and, ultimately, addiction. Cocaine addiction often alters the personality. As a result, the need for cocaine rehab is usually readily apparent to everyone, even if the patient isn’t ready to recognize it.
Statistics show that there are about 1.9 million active cocaine abusers and addicts in the United States. There are also just under 360,000 of these cocaine users reported abusing the crack cocaine form of the drug.
Cocaine addiction is a medical disease, just like all drug and alcohol addictions. This means to have meaningful recovery requires medical treatment. Though some attempt to quit “cold turkey,”this rarely succeeds for very long. This approach can end in an overdose. The best option is to enroll in a clinically supervised detox. An addiction treatment program can help you through each part of the recovery process. Best of all, treatment ensures that you have what you need to build a solid foundation in recovery.
What to Expect in Rehab
Cocaine rehab begins the moment the patient walks through the door. First, the patient receives a full evaluation. Then the patient participates in a clinically supervised detox until he or she is physically stabilized. Then the real work begins: addiction treatment through therapy and counseling. When the patient completes the program, aftercare services begin. This care solidifies concepts learned during treatment and shows how to apply recovery to everyday life.
- Intake and evaluation The process starts with a full psychological intake and clinical evaluation. If another issue is found, treatment incorporates this issue into the addiction treatment plan.
- Pharmacotherapy Medications may be helpful in the treatment of cocaine withdrawal.
- Behavioral therapy and counseling Therapy spends time on any traumatic events, issues of stress and/or grief that occurred before or during active addiction.
- Clinical and case management Close attention is given to any progress made by patients during cocaine addiction treatment through check-ins.
- Self–help and peer support groups This includes group therapy in the form of support groups and 12-Step treatment.
- Substance abuse monitoring Random drug tests and strict attention to medications prescribed ensures the integrity of the program.
- Continuing care After treatment is completed, an aftercare plan is created. This helps patients sustain their newfound sobriety for the long-term at home or a sober living facility.
Types of Programs
There are a number of treatment centers for you to choose from. These range from outpatient treatment in the community to residential treatment for 90 days or more. One of the first choices to be addressed is the choice between outpatient and residential addiction treatment. Residential addiction treatment offers 24-hour psychotherapeutic support. Also, depending upon the center, residential treatment can include a wide range of traditional and holistic treatments and therapies.
Outpatient care often focuses solely on educational classes, and support groups.Occasional case management or one-on-one sessions help patients who need help after relapse or a short period of cocaine abuse. The types of therapies included in each program determine the effectiveness of treatment.
Addiction and Treatment Goals
Drug rehab provides a number of different approaches to achieve specific treatment goals. Though each program varies in terms of their philosophy and design, their specific goals all lead to one thing: long-term abstinence for the patient.Cocaine addiction treatment goals should include:
- Personalized care. Drug addiction is often a symptom of an underlying mental health issue. Often patients have unprocessed experiences of stress or trauma. Others live with untreated disorders like depression, eating disorders, anxiety and other issues. A personalized care program helps patients get treatment for these problems while undergoing addiction treatment.
- Attention to co-occurring issues. In addition to the likelihood of other trauma and mental wellness issues, many patients living with addiction have more concrete or tangible needs in their lives that must be addressed as well. Some of these include the following: domestic violence, overwhelming debt, legal issues and family problems.
- Clinically supervised care. Some patients experience withdrawal symptoms that require monitoring and attention.
- Pharmacotherapy. In some situations, medication can be helpful in the treatment of cocaine addiction.Whether this islong-term or short-term in nature, doses or changes in medication must be incorporated into treatment goals.
- Physical health and wellness. Nutritional counseling and regular exercise can increase the patient’s ability to improve physically, feel better about herself, and stay on track in recovery.
When the patient gets everything he or she needs to stabilize physically, mentally and emotionally, the end-goal of abstinence is far more attainable.
Don’t Wait to Enroll in Addiction Treatment
Just like any medical condition, both early detection and treatment are key to recovery. Once know you need help for your cocaine addiction, it is imperative that you begin at once to track down the right cocaine rehab facility for you. If you are concerned about taking time away from work or family, think of your long-term health and well being. Get help before it’s too late.
A little research is essential to finding the right cocaine rehabilitation facility. You’ll want to find a treatment center with experienced, educated staff, a variety of services and personalized treatment. You should be able to get treatment for all your needs at the same time. At The Canyon, we provide all this and more.
- Are they compliant with state law?
- Are all the staff members properly accredited?
- What’s their track record like?
- How long have they been providing people with addiction treatment?
- Do they accept your insurance?
- What treatment services do they provide?
- Do they personalize treatment plans?
When you find a treatment center that can give you everything you need, you’ve found the right addiction treatment program for you.
Cocaine Rehab at The Canyon
Rehab does not have to be scary. Though cocaine addiction is a disease, a treatment center can provide you with clinically supervised detox. You can receive monitoring that ensures you are as comfortable as possible throughout the entire recovery process. From the moment you arrive at The Canyon, you are treated with the utmost respect. You will undergo an intake evaluation before settling in.Then your consulting clinical team will create a personalized treatment plan for your stay. At weekly meetings, your treatment plan will be evaluated to make sure it is exactly what you need and updated accordingly.
If you have a psychological disorder in addition to cocaine addiction, you need a rehab facility that specializes in the treatment of both, like The Canyon. Keep in mind that depression on any level is a psychological disorder. Research shows that 70 percent of all who suffer from drug addiction also have other co-occurring disorders. The treatment of both conditions helps you build a strong foundation. We teach you skills that will help you sustain recovery. If you are ready to get started with a cocaine addiction treatment designed and optimized for physical, emotional and spiritual growth, call us at today.
 https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/preface Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment.